Artisan Picks: September 2017
I don’t know about you but I love anything and everything small batch and hand crafted. There’s just something so great about stumbling upon an exquisitely crafted artisanal find, snatching it up and then marveling in it’s specialness each time a friend or family member asks where you got it. I’m such an artisan junkie that I’ve managed to curate a pretty significant list of wonderful that I thought I’d share with you. With the holiday’s approaching I think the timing couldn’t be better. Here’s hoping you find something fantastic for everyone on your list, but most importantly, I hope you find something extra special for you!
- Avashamichael has beautiful handcrafted pottery but I especially love these ceramic spoons and these lovely incense holders.
- I love the joyful whimsy of these ceramic hanging pots by Belinism and the pleasure I get from bringing art into my home that’s not only decorative but useful.
- I love the delicate gemstone earrings and the beautiful crystal candles by JaxKelly.
- The gorgeous gemstone drawer pulls and knobs by BottegaInspirations can turn an ordinary cabinet or dresser into a positively charged, unique design element in your home.
- I’m totally inspired by the sweet handmade pillows from Clever Betty and plan to buy at several for my kiddos rooms.
- I love every single thing by Ceridwen Hazelchild Design. I’m especially fond of the canvas wash bags.
- ArksAndAnimals has the most beautiful heirloom worthy wooden childrens toys.
- In preparation for the impending holiday’s check out MeredithRosePetal if you need beautifully decorative and functional Christmas stockings to hang on the mantle.
Word Of Mouth Finds
- I found these inventive bitters by Dram Apothecary in a small shop in Jackson Hole WY and have become totally addicted. My favorite is the Palo Santo Bitters. I use just a few drops of it in my morning tea or coffee and it gives it a lovely woodsy taste and aroma. I’m also dying to try some of their syrups and teas.
- A friend of a friend makes these gorgeous hand woven wall hangings that I absolutely love. Check out her website Three Tunnels for plenty of designs and decor inspiration.
- That same friend introduced me to Casey Gouveia’s Go Be You skin serum. I’ve never worked with Casey but I love her healthy mind, healthy body, healthy skin philosophy. Her lovely face serum is a bit pricey but you only need one pump twice a day. The skin softening, smoothing and glowing effects are well worth it.
- I stumbled upon Wyoming Whiskey on my Jackson Hole adventure and am loving it! For me whiskey cocktails are my drink of choice come fall and this stuff makes a very, very fine Old Fashioned!