With these foundation pieces anchoring your look, a few essential additions can spruce up your look faster than you can say IG-worthy. Cooler weather is all about landscapes, making this season the perfect time to channel all that texture, all that richness. To evoke all of these, here are five items you should add to your wardrobe this season.Continue Reading
Last week I posted a photo on Instagram asking you all to guess what my three favorite things in the picture were. Well I made you wait for the answer but here it is. Plus one more favorite thing to round it all out! The perfect summer jumpsuit that’s as flattering as it is comfortable. Speaking of comfortable the chicest slide on sneakers ever that have thankfully made their way into my closet. A fantastic and delicious summer rosé that effortlessly ushers in perfect heavenly moments with just one glass…or two. Last but not least, the most adorable and inspired succulent pots to add flair and color to your home office, kitchen, bathroom or bedroom. Or really anywhere you put it. Enjoy! XOXO, KT
- Beauty Face (Celfie) Succulent Arrangement – I’ve become a giant fan of succulents the last few years due to their lush beauty and ease of care. I found these unique and lovely arrangements on Etsy and can’t wait to buy a few for my desk at home in Utah. I love the feminine and whimsical ceramic planters and know their artistry will help to inspire my own creativity while the succulents themselves will add that much needed pop of color and life to my office space.
- Step-In Bade Sneaker – I have these in both the cream and the navy and am totally forever in love. They’re incredibly comfortable and so chic I wear them with everything from summer dresses to jeans and tee shirts to tailored pants and blouses. My feet aren’t what they used to be and wearing a pair of heels takes a certain amount of gumption and commitment that I’m not always up for these days. These slide in sneakers are the perfect solution to cute foot wear that doesn’t force me to grin and bare it.
- Pilcro Denim Wide-Leg Jumpsuit – I found this perfect summer jumpsuit at the Anthropologie around the corner from my Toronto residence. For some strange reason I packed a ton of jeans and sweaters for my time in Canada but not enough lightweight summer wear. There is nothing more uncomfortable than skinny jeans on a hot and humid summer day. This jumpsuit was the perfect remedy to my problem. It’s incredibly comfortable, even in the heat and looks pretty cute too. I’ve been wearing it everywhere. I pair it with cute sandals or slide on sneakers for casual days strolling around with the kids or a bright and summery high heel for dinners with my man. It’s incredibly versatile and it’s not too hard on the ol’ pocketbook either. Score!
- Château de Roquefort Corail Rosé – I’m not certain when my love affair with rosé began but I do know that I am just as enamored with it today as I was that first sip however long ago. Usually I like a very dry and crisp pale pink rosé that’s served as cold as possible. This Corail did not disappoint when I was poured a glass at one of my favorite Toronto eateries Chabrol Restaurant. A bit sweeter than I normally go for but not in a sticky or cloying way, in fact that little bit of sweet made the glass even better. I’m not sure how easy this is to get online because I haven’t tried ordering any yet but I thought I’d throw it into this weeks finds anyway just in case you’re on the hunt for a beautiful summer rosé to add to your wine cabinet.
This weeks Heavenly Finds are just a few of my favorite clothing pieces for summer. A lightweight robe that doesn’t cling in the heat, cozy reading socks for over air-conditioned rooms, fray bottomed jeans that pair perfectly with your favorite sandals, and the most flattering boatneck striped sweater for cooler nights. When I say these are just a few of my favorites, I truly mean just a few! I have tons more that I can’t wait to share with you next week! Enjoy! XOXO, KT
- High Waisted Looker Ankle Fray Jeans – I am a giant Mother Denim fan. The fit, the stretch, the high waist all lend themselves to the most comfortable and flattering jeans in my closet. I’m really digging these fray bottomed ones right now due to the perfect casual ankle crop that suits my favorite summer sandals perfectly. They even look fantastic dressed up with a pair of nude heels for date night.
- Lana Sailor Sweater – Just bought this cute light sweater. It’s a combo of two of my favorite things, stripes and boat necks! Unfortunately the product link changes depending on your location. So if the link does not work for you, search for “Lana Sailor Sweater” on the Club Monaco site to find it.
- Soft Pink Reading Robe – On one of my many Indigo bookstore visits I found this lightweight pale pink reading robe and snatched it right up. I don’t use mine to read in, but it’s perfect for early mornings when the baby starts shouting for me with an insistence that I better take seriously. I keep it laying on the end of the bed for just such moments. I’m a total robe junkie and have far too many of them if I’m being honest but my heavy cozy winter robes are cloying and uncomfortable during those sweltering summer months and this lovely little number won’t be nearly warm enough come dead of winter. So you see my dilemma right? Anyway, this one has been perfect for the particularly sweaty Toronto summer we’ve been enjoying!
- Multi-Marl Reading Socks – These were another Indigo find and what a find they were! Knee high and lined with the coziest, softest material they’ve got me dreaming by Tuesday of Sunday on the couch with a good book. I know they may not seem summer appropriate but I’m sure most of you have experienced the chill of an over air conditioned house and wished for just such a pair of socks to take the edge off. Trust me on these, they will have you longing for them, a good book and Sunday by Tuesday too!
Welcome to this weeks selection of Heavenly Finds, a collection of favorite clothes, accessories and beauty finds. These are just a few of my favorites…there are many many more that I’ll be sharing in the coming weeks so get ready to do some shopping! Or just browsing is perfectly fine as well. In fact I should do a little more browsing and a little less shopping myself. Oh well, I do my best. I do my best.
- Purl Soho Two Piece Woven Bag – This tote is so chic and I’d love to try my hand at weaving! Plus it’s the perfect size for your weekend farmer’s market finds. Unless you have a tendency to buy in bulk like I do, then you’ll need at least four of them!
- Faux Leather Moto Leggings – These are surprisingly light weight and work great even on a hot summer night. They are my go to for date nights and dinners with friends. Paired with a simple white tee, a blazer and nude heels I look put together even though I’m still wearing the comfy leggings I’ve been in all day!